Dear Members, Supporters & Visitors,
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Railway.
It is huge honour to be President for the second year, taking on the role after the sad passing of Charlie Hurley who was a dear friend to many of us. I will continue to give my all and undertake with pride and passion.
I hope you are all safe and well in these very strange and difficult times. The country’s lockdown in March saw a very abrupt end to the 2019-20 season.
As we return to training under the guidance of the public health government policy and IRFU policy. A tremendous amount of work and planning is already taking place in the background undertaken by our Covid Officers under the guidance of Dr John Ryan. The plans put in place are to ensure that our club can return to play in a safe environment for all participants.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of our sponsors, who are such an important part of our Club. In particular Cleaning Contractors, I would also like to acknowledge those who have taken pitch signs and make contributions to various teams, events and initiatives throughout the season.
Here’s to another safe, successful and enjoyable season on and off the field. Good luck to all involved in our club at all levels players, coaches, staff and volunteers I look forward to meeting you over the course of the season.
Railway Union RFC
Address: Park Avenue Dublin 4.
Vision of Railway
Our vision is to be an inclusive, community-based rugby club and have our club cater for players of all abilities, backgrounds, nationalities and gender.
In Railway, all players are equal, regardless of which team they play on, their ability, their background or their gender. This is one of our core values. There is no ‘hierarchy’ at Railway, all teams and players mix together freely, and all teams get equal support from the club to achieve their goals.
As a club, the following are also important to us:
- Playing competitively and playing to win, whilst playing fairly and honestly, obeying the rules and laws of competition in both letter and spirit, and recognising that winning is only meaningful when competition is fair
- Showing respect for everyone involved in creating our sporting experience both on and off the ﬁeld
- Winning with humility and losing with dignity
- Finding the joy of sport and keeping a positive attitude on and off the field
- Having fun together and having a strong social element to the club with regular off-field activities
- Remembering our history and staying close with our former players and members (our ‘Legends’ programme)
- Being inclusive and having a positive impact our community
- Fostering the health and well-being of our players and placing their physical and mental health above all other considerations
- Striving for excellence, helping our players and coaches discover how good they can be, and facilitating them to achieve their potential
- Giving our players and members to opportunity to learn and develop as people through rugby and make the life-long friendships that rugby allows
Our club is structured and managed to achieve our vision and stay true to our core values.