The Promotion and Marketing Committee is responsible for the internal and external profile of the club and for ensuring a postive profile of the club both within the club, in our community and with our stakeholders through information, publicity and promotion. This includes management of website and website content, compilation of match reports and pictures, press releases/media relations, community relations, and school links.
The Promotion and Marketing Committee shall be It is chaired by the Head of Promotion and Marketing and other club members or volunteers as invited by the chair.
Actual Duties Involved
* Develop the 2011/2012 Promotion and Marketing Plan
* Develop a plan to revamp the club website, outlining audience, goals, strategy, budget and timeframe
* Once website redeveloped, undertake the role of club webmaster ensuring it is constantly updated
* Ensure the submission and distribution of press releases, articles, newsletters and reports internally and externally (on website and to local press e.g. Evening Herald, Leinster Branch, D4 Newspaper)
* Raise the profile of the club amongst members and in the community through information, publicity and promotion
* Be responsible for advertising the club, its activities and to highlight the work of volunteers
* Create a local media contact list
* Co-ordinate weekly match reports for all teams to be forwarded to local press and on the website
* Invite local press and media to events
* Assist the Legends committee to promote and publicise Legends events and club social events with retired players
* Assist the Social committee to promote and publicise club social events
* Co-opt additional committee members or appropriately skilled volunteers, either on a fulltime basis or for adhoc events, to assist in the organisation of club promotion and marketing